Monday, March 3, 2014

Valentines Day

I woke up Friday morning feeling a little guilty.  I am not crafty, I don't like to bake, I can't do cute heart braids, so I was feeling bad that Izzy wasn't going to have an awesome Valentine's Day like all of her friends.  I know, comparing is not good, but I find myself doing it.

We got up and headed to the gym, then I had worked for a couple hours.  I was not in a good mood and wanted to do something fun with Izzy.  We went to Ridley's to buy some pink sugar cookies.  They had something even better, a decorating kit-complete with: heart shaped cookies, pink frosting, and sprinkles.  Then we picked up a heart shaped pizza at Papa Murphey's.  Izzy thought the cookies were awesome.  I was feeling pretty good about the day, she loved decorating the cookies and I didn't have to cook.  It was a win win.  Mike came home with flowers for both the girls and me.  Then we had a dance party in the play room and called it night.  After the kids were in bed we watched a movie and then headed to bed.  Next year, I will try to remember not to stress the small stuff and know that I don't have to make cookies, the store will take care of it for me!
Pizza and cookie decorating kit.

Izzy was all smiles as she decorated cookies.

Eating them was the best part, of course.

Love this cute girl of mine!

Flowers are the best.  Izzy and Cambry even got their own little vase.

No comments: