Sunday, March 16, 2014

Arizona

On Thursday we flew to Phoenix.  We've gone the past 2 years and love it.  We have always had great weather and it is the perfect break from Utah.  We stay at the Arizona Grand Resort and they have tons of pools, plus a water park with slides, lazy river, and wave pool; Izzy loves it!
Izzy was an angel, as always, on the flight.  She has been on well over 50 flights, and I don't think she's ever had a bad one.  She is an awesome traveler.


 We got to the hotel in the early afternoon, unpacked and headed to the pool.  Mike had a dinner/hockey game with a client. So I considered getting room service, but Izzy wanted to go to a restaurant so we went to Aunt Chiladas, A mexican restaurant, near the hotel.



We ate outside and the girls were awesome.
After dinner, I put them to bed and enjoyed some quiet time reading Divergent.

On Friday, Celeste and Brandon joined us.  I went to the gym in the morning and then Mike went to a lunch with a client.  Celeste and Brandon went to a baseball game and I hung out at the pool with the girls.
Such a cutie hanging out by the pool.  A few weeks before this trip we took her to the Provo Rec Center and she cried the whole time we were swimming.  In Phoenix, she loved swimming and couldn't get enough of it.  Such a funny little girl!


That evening we went to Claim Jumpers, another favorite restaurant of mine.  Then we went back to the hotel, put the girls to bed, and went to the hot tubs to hang out (our room was right by the pool).

On Saturday, my parents joined us.  I went to the gym in the morning (I can't help it, I'm a creature of habit). Mike took the girls on a walk while I was at the gym.
Izzy thought the cactus were pretty cool.



Love this picture.

Of course, she found the horse.

Then Mike went to buy himself some golf clubs at a PGA store.  He said they have a great selection in Phoenix because of all the golfing.  We spent the rest of the day at the pool.  That evening I went to my first spring training game, my Mom was sweet and stayed at the hotel with the girls.  It was a fun atmosphere, but I didn't really care much about the teams.


Let's be honest the real reason I go to games is the food-nachos, popcorn, frozen lemonade, etc.

On Sunday we went to church at a nearby Phoenix ward.  The girls we not happy about getting dressed and there were moments I thought, 'it's vacation, let's just stay at the hotel and relax.' But we had planned on going so we went and I am glad we did.  They had fast and testimony meeting because the previous week was the Gilbert, AZ temple dedication.  It was such a sweet meeting with such a strong spirit listening to people's experiences about the temple dedication.  

After church Mike went to a game with Celeste, Brandon, and my Dad and I went to a carnival with my Mom and the girls. 

Of course, Izzy had to ride the camel. 

There was a petting zoo that both Izzy and Cambry enjoyed. 

There was a place where you could pay $2 to see snakes, monkeys, and take your picture.  Being the animal lover that she is, Izzy couldn't pass this up.

She loved the snakes.  I thought she might be scared, but nope.  This was my conversation with Izzy.
Izzy: "Mom I want to go in the cage with the snakes to feel their scales.  They won't bite me, I know."
Me: "Izzy snakes bite you can't go in there."
Izzy: With a confused look on her face, "They won't bite me, I'm not scared, just let me in." As she is pulling on the lock.
I'm not sure where she gets her fearlessness from.  

Sunday night we went to Rainforest Cafe.  Izzy said this was her favorite thing we did the whole trip.  She loves looking at all the animals. 

The animal bar stools were pretty cool too.

Dad, Celeste, and Izzy hanging out on the elephant.

On Monday we hung out by the pool in the morning and then packed home and flew home that afternoon.  We had a great relaxing trip and enjoyed being with family.

And this is what we woke up to Tuesday morning.  Can we move to Phoenix please?!