Monday, March 3, 2014

St. Lucia-final stop

Thursday morning we were in St. Lucia.  I was really looking forward to this island because we were chartering a boat to take us around to different parts of the island.  When we woke up, it was pouring rain, thunder, lightning, everything.  I was thinking there is no way I am getting on a boat when it's lightning.  I mean I was a lifeguard for 10 years, that's safety 101.  Luckily, it calmed down to just rain as we got on the boat.  After about 30 minutes the rain was gone and blue skies were above us.
Of course, Mike had to take a turn on the wheel.  The guides were really fun.  They informed us that the Bachelor was filmed there (which now I've seen the episode, but at the time I didn't know).  There was a kid who jumped off a 50 feet cliff then swam over to us asking for money.  Hey you have to make money some how right?!


The first stop were mud baths.  I have never had a mud bath so I was excited to try something.  The water was warm and felt really good.

Then we lathered up in mud.  It was windy and a little chilly while we were covering ourselves in mud.
I should have done my face.  Maybe next time I'll remember.
Oh the things we do for smooth skin.
Hottie!

Have you ever seen such happy, muddy people?

This is what we really felt about it though.  Couldn't get back in the warm water fast enough!
It was a cool first mud bath experience.

From the mud baths, we walked to a waterfall. I don't think I've ever sat under a waterfall with Mike before, so another first for us!

Doesn't our skin look so much smoother?!


The view hiking out was gorgeous.

After the waterfall we had lunch at an outside buffet.  The food was good, especially the macaroni.  The girls who cooked and served us were so sweet.  

Hanging out on the boat.
Such a gorgeous island.
On the way back we stopped to do some cliff jumping.  Mike stepped on a sea creature and lets just say the sea creature got him pretty good.  He had black prickly things all in his toes.  They said to pour lemon, vinegar, or urine on them and just let them dissolve into your skin.  Just a couple days ago Mike pulled one out that had yet to dissolve.
   
We had another formal night on Thursday.  As always the food was delicious, the company was great, and my honey looked hot!

No comments: