Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Texas Trip 2013

On Tuesday we left Canada and flew to Texas.  We had a 5 layover in Detroit, but luckily we got to be in the skyroom, which made it bearable, but it was still a long layover. 

My dad's cousin, Connie, was visiting from Chicago. Cambry just hung out in her arms for hours. 

Papa with his grandkids.

On Wednesday we went to Barton Creek Springs.  The water is cold because it comes from natural springs.  But that didn't stop Izzy from going in with Papa. 

Taking a swim break.

My dad got a lab from  a friend and her name was Izzy.  So Izzy called the dog Izzy dog.  She put a rope around the dog and walked the dog around like a horse. 

Wednesday we want paddle boarding on Town Lake.  I had never been before and I really enjoyed it.  

That night we went to Maudies, best Mexican food ever.  Izzy loved the queso so much she decided to lick it like a dog, crazy girl!

Fourth of July outfits. It was such bribery to get her to wear it.  As soon as the picture was over she changed into a horse shirt, of course. 

On the 4th all of my cousins with their kids arrived in Austin.  Alexis (Darin's youngest daughter) was awesome with Cambry. 

Having fun in the water. 

Most of the gang, I think there was 45 of us.  We did karaoke on Thursday night; it was pretty entertaining. 

On Friday we went to Schlitterbahn.  I have not been there since high school, I forgot how awesome it is.  Best water park ever!  Izzy loved it.  Her favorite ride was The Falls.  You ride down in a tube and there are falls and rapids along the way.  It was awesome to see her laughing and having such a great time. 

On the drive home, Dad was tired, so Mike took over the Captain seat.

Love this pretty girl.
Love my siblings!  There is nothing better than family.  I love knowing that they are always there for me!  They're awesome!

All my cousins/siblings on my Mom's side minus my sister Celeste.
Love this picture of my family.

On Sunday we went to the UT coop.  Izzy found herself some cute boots.
Cambry in the Longhorn bin. 

Saying bye to Uncle Dennis.

Izzy loved playing with Jessica and her phone :)

Love my beautiful girl!!

These girls were such great helpers with my kids.  I didn't have to watch them the whole week, it was awesome!

Izzy saying bye to Grandma, sad day.  
We had so much fun with all of the family.  It was crazy, wild, noisy, and I loved every second of it.  I can't wait for the next Posey Family Reunion!  I have such great cousins. 

No comments: