Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Frustrated

*You might get bored reading this, but I'm writing it so I remember :)

I feel frustrated....You know when you do everything you are supposed to do and things are still not working out the way they should. That's been me.  I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 25 weeks.  I was not surprised because I had it with Izzy.  Plus, I knew I had it well before 25 weeks because anytime I ate sweets, I felt sick.  So I had already started following the gestational diabetes diet.    Well this time hasn't been so easy as with Izzy.  If I eat the recommended carbs then my sugars go too high and I feel terrible.  So I started eating less carbs and more protein, my sugar levels were still high, but not as bad.
I met with the dr last Monday and I have ketones and protein in my urine which is an indicator that your body is in starvation mode.  So he said I need to eat more carbs and start on a medicine to help bring my sugar levels down.  The medicine wasn't really working so he increased it, still not working.  This past Monday he did an ultrasound because he was concerned about the size of the baby.  Good news-the baby is measuring 5 days big!  He is still concerned about the weight gain.  I am 30 weeks and have only gained 9 pounds, and 3 of those pounds are the baby.  Plus my sugars are still high.  So  he increased the medicine again.  My numbers seem to be a little better.  I go back in on Friday.  He thinks I will have to go on insulin soon.  That would not be fun-shots everytime I eat.  But at least there is an end in sight.  I will be induced by 39 weeks at the latest so at this point I only have 9 weeks left.  I can do anything for 9 weeks, right?!  Really I just want to feel normal.  When your blood sugar goes up to 200 after breakfast and down to 60 before lunch, you just don't feel good.  So I'm hoping something will work soon so I can feel ok....

5 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Penny- I'm so sorry:( Hopefully things will all work out at your next appointment! & maybe the baby will come at 38 weeks! I'll be praying for you and sorry you have to go through this... I'll be sure to let this lil one know how lucky she is to have such a good mom~ especially when she's a teenager!!!!! Love you LOTS!

kachers said...

Oh Penny that sounds awful! You're on my mind and my prayers - I'm so glad there's an end in sight. You look great and Izzy is darling as ever!! We'll be back in UT in Novemeber - would love to drop by and say hello!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh man. I'm sorry. That doesn't sound good at all. I hope it regulates soon. I'm impressed with how hard you try. Taking good care of that sweet little girl. When is 39 weeks for you?

Suzette Selden said...

Penny, You are one tough girl! I love you and am praying for you.

Rob and Marseille said...

i know what you mean abt eating out! the only place i could think of to eat out was Tacanos for my bday. at least you can eat what you want for christmas & new years!!