Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My parents came to visit for General Conference weekend; it was so fun to have them here. 
On Thursday we drove to Park City via the Alpine Loop.  It was gorgeous!

Mike, my Dad, and my cousin, Darin, rode the Alpine slide, the roller coaster, and the zip line.  Izzy wanted to go so bad.  I told her she could go when she was bigger.  About 20 minutes later she said, "Mom look at me, I'm bigger!  Now can I ride the slide?"  She is too funny.  She loves to be adventurous.  

On Friday they went to the Provo Beach Resort while I went to a doctors appointment.  They bought Izzy an unlimited pass.  I'm pretty sure she rode the carousel 25 times; she also did bowling and played in the playground.  My dad loves to be a little kid!  

They also ate lots of ice cream! Man how times have changed.  I remember as a kid I would get $1 worth of tokens, maybe $2 and ice cream was a rare treat.  Izzy is one lucky grandchild! Papa loves to spoil her and she LOVES it! She keeps talking about when he comes back she will go ride the pink horse and eat pink ice cream!

Izzy and Kathryn playing. 

Saturday morning we went to General Conference.  It was awesome to be in the conference center when the announcement regarding the age of missionaries was changed.  There was a very sweet spirit there.  

Saturday afternoon we went to the animal farm, which is Izzy's favorite place!

Sunday morning she opened her birthday presents.  She got some new clothes, including a cowgirl skirt; she loves to wear her boots with it. 

Opening more presents!

She loves the golf set! Her and Daddy play lots of golf in the backyard now!  We had a great weekend and can't wait for them to come back for Thanksgiving!


No comments: