Saturday, October 27, 2012

Izzy's 3rd Birthday Party

We picked Izzy's cake up on Friday night and she said, "Mommy, This is the best cake in the whole world!" This morning while I was still laying in bed I heard her say, "Mike, Penny (yes we are on a first name basis at times) come get me." I thought this was weird because she usually comes into our room when she wakes up.  She kept repeating it (and Mike was at the gym) so I got up and found her on the counter with the cover off the cake.  She kept saying how pretty the horse was.  Fortunately she had not stuck her finger in it for a taste. 

She's ready for the party!

Family shot

Kids LOVE balloons! It's fun to watch them play with them. 

They colored horse pictures and then made fruit loop necklaces. 

Say Cheese! I'm surprised how many are actually looking at the camera. 

More dancing!

Izzy's favorite part.  A friend brought their horse over and the kids all got to ride.  Izzy was even trotting in the backyard.  Seriously she could do this all day long. 

Cake and ice cream

Izzy's little friends.  She is so lucky to have so many friends her age.  The boys outnumber the girls though, I'm sure she will appreciate that when she is in high school!!  Here are their names (for my memory's sake when I look back 5 years from now) Lorenzo, Max, Owen, Grace, Izzy, Van, Dylan, Gwen, Drew. Bottom: Riley, Ellie, Dylan

Fun times on the trampoline.  Luckily no one got hurt!

Present Time!

She is already smiling because she knows it is a horse!

Horse back pack

Some more of her gifts! We had a great morning; it was a fun, but crazy party!  Eleven three year olds sure keeps you busy and we had lots of adults!  We will see how long her horse obsession lasts.  Hopefully it ends before she starts asking for a real horse!!

3 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

So fun! What a great party! I love how into horses she is. I can't believe she is (almost) 3. Where did that time go? Happy Birthday to your sweet Izzy!

kachers said...

Izzy is so beautiful! AH i can't wait to see her! What are you guys up to on Sunday the 11th? We'll arrive on the 10th and want to see you! We're thinking about going to Rivergrove ward that Sunday - Let me know when would work for you!

Ryan said...

I agree Abby! We should all get together for dinner!