Friday, September 21, 2012

29th Birthday

Last week I turned 29.  I can't believe it!  I remember when I thought 30 was old; I have since changed my mind.  I am not near being old, I still feel young!  I'm hoping for a great last year in my 20's!  Mike came home from work early and we went to a matinee movie.  It's nice going during the middle of day-no one is there!  We cooked taco salads for dinner; I didn't want to go out to eat because there is not much I can eat at a restaurant with gestational diabetes.  Have you ever tried eating a meal under 30 carbs at a restaurant? Nearly impossible!  Then we had cake and just hung out!  On Friday we decided to continue celebrating and went out on the boat.  The weather was perfect and the lake was smooth as glass.  It was a great day!  We all worked on getting our last bit of Vitamin D before the dreaded winter comes. 
 Izzy couldn't wait to help blow out the candles.
 Crazy family pic.  Mike never makes normal faces.
 Izzy loved the cake!  It was fun to have Kathryn, Derdle and Danny to celebrate with us.
The chocolate cake is just a decoy; I didn't eat any for my birthday.  Everyone else enjoyed it though!  See the carrot cake slice wrapped up-I ate a few bites that night (after I checked my blood sugar levels for the day).  Gestational diabetes really makes it difficult to celebrate birthdays and holidays.  I am not looking forward to missing Halloween candy and Thanksgiving pies!  



2 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Happy happy birthday! Glad it was a good one. Love you.

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Happy Birthday Penel!!!! Love you and can't wait til you can eat Chocolate Cake! For Christmas you have to go all out!!!! ps LOVE all the updates (b/c your blog is private it doesn't show me when you update, so I was excited to read your last 2 posts!)