Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So you know you're a first time mom when you blog about your daughter's new bedroom.  But seriously I was stressing myself out about Izzy's new room.  I knew what I wanted and I wanted it to be just perfect for her.  Also, I wanted to move her out of her old room in plenty of time so she didn't feel like the baby was kicking her out. I am pleased with how it all turned out and Izzy loves it. 

I adore these curtains.  The picture doesn't really do it justice, but they are adorable.  I like them so much I bought white ones for the baby's room and they are black out, which is great!  We found them at Pottery Barn Kids.  I had to drag Mike to the store with me, then when we left he was saying how much he liked that store.  He liked it so much he initiated the idea of going back a few weeks later to get a few more things, that's how we ended up with the baby curtains.  I was going to use the same bedding for the baby that Izzy had, but one more trip to Pottery Barn Kids and I might be leaving with new bedding.  

You can't really tell, but these are pink and white horse sheets.  I found the bedding set on line.  

The comforter and pillows.  I know the lighting is terrible, but I didn't want to go back upstairs and take more pics.  I know that sounds lazy, but I am 31 weeks pregnant and I was at the animal farm all morning. 

Nightstand and lamp.  I LOVE the lamp, another Pottery Barn Kids purchase.  I love that store!

Dresser with horses.  Seriously Izzy loves her horses.  Those two are named Sandy and Lucky.  She rode a brown horse named Lucky in Montana and there is a white horse at the animal farm that she calls Sandy.  I know very original with the names.  I am glad the room is done and Izzy loves it!! One more thing I can cross off my list!



4 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

I'm in love with her room! I love the curtains too! Funny thing I saw a shower curtain like them at Anthropologie but they were asking 75.00 for a shower curtain; I got on my go to site- Pinterest and there was a tutorial on how to make them! My girls have one similar in their room but it is just a valance (not the full curtains) Anyways Great Taste!!!! I got your sweet message; will call you back soon! I love and miss you so much! Great job on her room!

Rosanne Boyd said...

So Cute!!! I love it! I can't believe you only have a few more weeks to go! I hope you are feeling well, and I can't wait to see pics of the new baby!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Looks awesome. I bet she LOVES it! Love those curtains, too!

Elder Johnson said...

It turned out great Penny! Don't feel bad blogging about your daughter's room. I would do it as well, even on my sixth kid! It is fun to show off all your hard work. Nice job!