Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Montana Round Two

We had so much fun the first time we went Montana we decided to go back for Labor Day.  We drove up on Friday with Kat, Mat, Derdle, Danny, and Zeke.  We made it in 8 hours including a 30 min stop for food.  That's the quickest we have ever made it, the park wasn't too crowded so that was nice. 
Somehow Izzy managed to drink my whole Dr. Pepper when I wasn't looking.  Then she slept for 3 hours, maybe caffeine has the reverse effect on her.

Izzy was so cute with the babies.

Of course, the first stop involved going to see the horses.  Surprised?!

After dinner we rode 4-wheelers. 

Doesn't get any prettier than that.
On Saturday I stayed up with the babies and everyone else  4-wheeled up Lulu and Daisy Pass. 

I asked Izzy if she got scared on the mountains.  She said, "I got scared on the bumps on the 4-wheeler." Mike's a little crazy driver!
Of course we had to have a horse ride.  Last time Izzy just did a meadow ride where the guide led the horse.  This time I decided Izzy could try the hour loop by herself.  The guide, TJ, did not lead her and she did almost all of it herself.  At the last 10 minutes her horse did not want to walk around the tree and took her through all the limbs so she got scratched and was crying, so the guide led her in.  I'm not going to pretend I was nervous the whole hour.  I kept thinking what if the horse starts running, what if she falls, oh the joy of motherhood! But I have to let her explore and enjoy the things she loves!
The 4 of us (Mike, Derdle, me, and Izzy).  It was a gorgeous ride. 
She couldn't be happier.  And her horse, Trigger, loved that she could stop and eat whenever she wanted.  Izzy isn't strong enough to pull on the reins to make her stop eating.  

Saturday afternoon the girls rode around the mountains and explored the old gold mines.  The boys wanted to watch the BYU football game so we left them with the kiddos. 

Time to make a bonfire.

Izzy loved making marshmallows, just not eating them. 

Love my little family.  Izzy was such a good girl; she knows that when she is getting to stay up late she has to be on her best behavior or she will have to go to bed. 

On Sunday we went to church in the barn and then the girls hiked to the water falls and the boys were supposed to bring us home a fish dinner. 

But they came home with nothing.

Mat and Kat have this awesome recipe for Dr. Pepper cake.  All it includes is a cake mix, can of Dr. pepper, and frosting.  Microwave it for 9 minutes and you have a delicious dessert.
Such a fun trip; I can't wait til next year!!

1 comment:

Cat and Blake Potter said...

wow, what an awesome and beautiful trip! Way to go Izzy on the horse by yourself, I'm so proud of you girl!!