Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Izzy's favorite day of the week-horse lessons

If you know anything about Izzy you know she is obsessed with horses.  I was trying to decide what activities to register her for in the fall and I decided she should try horse lessons.  Of course I also want her to do dance, gymnastics, music, all the girly things, but this is her true love (plus she does the other stuff too!)  There is a place near our home that offers therapeutic lessons, but anyone can attend, so I signed her up.  It is just her and one other person in the class.  They have volunteers who lead the horse and stand on both sides of her and then the instructor directs the class.  I told the instructor Izzy does not need people walking on the sides of her, but maybe it's something they do in the beginning.

Getting ready to ride.  She got lucky because white horses are her favorite. 

They play games where they lead the horse different place to find certain things. 

She even gets to trot. 

My little cowgirl (this was in Montana).  I love her!  At the end of every class she tells the instructor she is not ready to go.  I am glad she is so passionate about something. 

No comments: