Thursday, August 15, 2013

Montana 2013

We took a quick family trip to Montana for the weekend.  The main purpose of the trip was to visit my grandparents.  It was the last weekend my grandparents were going to be at the cabin and I really wanted to see them.  My grandpa's health has been declining over the past year so I thought this might be my last chance to see him.  We left Friday morning for the 9 hour drive.  We stopped in Pocatello for lunch, then West Yellowstone for gas and a snack, and then finished the drive.  The girls were great in the car.  Izzy loved looking for animals in the park.
Love it when they are both sleeping.


Friday night my grandma cooked dinner, Izzy went to see the horses, and we played Skip-bo, Grandma's favorite.

Saturday we rode the 4-wheelers and Izzy rode horses.  She kept asking the guide if she could trot and he said no.  Izzy took matters into her own hands, gave the horse a kick and trotting she went.  She couldn't have been happier.

Sunday we went to church in the barn, it's quite the experience.  That afternoon we went to Broadwater and Mike fished.

Izzy reminds me of myself as a child.  She is such a tomboy.  She loved wading in the water with Daddy, playing in the dirt, and helping catch the fish.


Cambry and I watching them fish.

Love my girls.

Izzy helping Daddy with the fish. 

Letting the fish go. 

The family.  Izzy wasn't too happy about leaving the lake.

Love my grandparents.  I have so many fond memories of summers in Cooke City at the cabin. 

The best memory is Grandma eating expired food.  She does not think anything goes bad.  She pulled these cornflakes out of the cupboard that expired in 2003, yeah 10 years ago.  She said, "What could possibly happen to them, they're fine!"

I'm glad the girls get to meet my grandparents, they're the best. 

Monday we headed out nice and early.  The drive was awesome.  We stopped at West Yellowstone again on the way home and planned to stop in Pocatello, but the girls were sleeping so we just kept going and didn't stop til we got home.

It was really nice to see my grandparents.  They are 94 and 95 so you never know when it will be the last time.  My grandma is doing really well and takes great care of my grandpa.  He was moving much slower than the last time I saw him and he isn't as alert, but for a 95 year old, I would say he is doing great.

1 comment:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Love all these pics!!!! NEXT time we have to go up together!!!!!