Thursday, April 25, 2013

Five Months

I say this every time, but I can't believe it's been 5 months since Cambry was born.  I remember with Izzy I wanted time to speed up, I wanted her to be walking and talking, I wanted her out of the newborn phase.  This time around it is so so different.  I want her to stay small forever; I wish she was still a tiny newborn.  I'm not sure why it's different, Izzy was a good baby, I would say Cambry's an even easier baby.  I think with Izzy I had no idea what I was doing and felt anxious I might do something wrong.  This time is much more enjoyable and easier.

I love those big cheeks!
The confused look.
"Really Mom More?"
There's the smile I love so much!


She weighs: 16 pounds 4 ounces
Eating:  She just started eating rice cereal on 4/21.  She loved it.  I let Izzy feed her, which was really cute.  Izzy was confused at first because she said, "Mom, Cambry only eats milk; she can't eat cereal."  I have repeatedly told Izzy not to feed Cambry food because she is just a baby.  I could imagine Izzy sharing her cheerios, peanuts, fruit snacks etc with tiny little Cambry. Other than that she just breastfeeds; she usually eats around 8 am, noon, 4, 7, and 10:30 pm.  She is not the eater Izzy was (who would eat 20 minutes on both sides and I had to take her off).  Cambry will eat about 10 minutes on one side and be done. Sometimes, I feed her on both and she is guaranteed to spit up.

Izzy is such a great helper.
Trying to decide what she thinks.

Sleeping:  I would love to be writing that she is sleeping through the night and I thought I would be.  She had a week stretch where she slept through the night and I thought Finally?!! But now she is back to waking up once during the night around 4 or 5 and then goes back to sleep around 8. She still loves to be swaddled and is pretty easy to put to sleep.
Random things:  She loves to talk, Mike refers to her as a pterodactyl (seriously who knew there was a p at the front of the word-I had to look it up) because she is always making loud noises like a dinosaur.  She has been spending a lot of time in her walker, which she really enjoys.  Yesterday her binkie fell out of her mouth and she was able to put it back in on her own; YAY!  She rolls all over the place.
She is such a cutie and a huge blessing in our lives!

I was putting Cambry down for a nap and came downstairs to this little stinker hiding in the pantry eating Mike and Ikes.  She moved a stool into the pantry and got them from the top shelf.  Seriously nothing is safe with this one, she gets into everything!

6 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Such cute little girls! Love you.

Diana said...

she is so pretty :)

Diana said...

she is so pretty :)

Louise Bergeron said...

Miss you guys so much and can't wait to kiss those girls to death... or eat them....lol! Thanks for sharing all those pictures and moments with us all!
X0X

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Can't wait to hang out with these cute girls!!!! 2 1/2months!

Kathryn Williams said...

hahaha! What a sweet family <3