Tuesday, March 5, 2013

St. george

Mike's co-worker has a condo in St. George, that wasn't being rented this weekend so we headed down for some warm and sunshine.  We invited our friends the Denney's to come with us.  Izzy loves playing with Owen. 
Izzy was ready for the car ride-ipad and headphones; she didn't make a peep the whole time. 

Right behind the condo are a bunch of lava rocks.  When we first got there, Izzy climbed to the highest point and sang the Lion King song; it was pretty funny!

On Saturday we went to Snow Canyon and hiked on the red rocks.

Izzy and Daddy.  I'm not much of a hiker so I let Daddy go around with Izzy.

Izzy with her buddies in the cave.  

On the drive to Snow Canyon, Izzy saw these horses. The whole time we were there, she kept talking about wanting to go back to see the horses.  Of course, we had to stop on the drive back; very fitting she is wearing her horse shirt.
While they were taking the pictures (I was in the car) Mike said some man in his car yelled at them to get off the statues.  Mike said, "It's not like there was a sign or anything."  As we pulled back on the road we saw a sign, "Keep Off!"  Oops!

On Sunday we went to church, then the St. George temple/visitors center, and then let the kids play in the park before we headed home.  We figure this picture of Izzy and Owen will be great for their wedding slide show in 25 years!

Random note-I had my first cavity filled.  Maybe I will start flossing regularly.  It wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, but it wasn't pleasant either!  

1 comment:

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

I love that you guys travel so much. Looks like you have tons of fun! Can't believe how big our kids are getting. I hope they're being good for you. :)