Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Arizona

I had no idea all the things people do with their kids for Valentines day til I saw it all on Facebook.  Good thing we were flying and Izzy had no idea what she was missing out on. 
"Mom, I can do it myself." Ok go ahead.  She wanted to pull the suit case herself and surprisingly she could.  We flew to Phoenix for President's Day Weekend.  Mike had some clients down there he needed to meet with and I needed a break from the gray, snowy, Utah weather. 
Cambry's first flight

We went to dinner at Rainforest cafe. 
Izzy loved all the animals.

My parents flew up and joined us for the weekend.  It was fun having them around.  Papa bought Izzy a Valentine's basket. 

Grandma brought puzzles and Go fish cards.  Izzy loved playing games with Grandma.  She is so lucky to have such great grandparents. 

We went to the zoo and they had camel rides.  Of course, Izzy wanted to do that and she gets what she wants when Papa is around!
Papa with his grandkids.
Cambry's first zoo trip. Love this outfit from a dear friend, Melisse.  She got it when they were living in London. 

The boys went to a hockey game and the girls went to the mall Saturday night.  Izzy wanted to ride the zebra.  I noticed the carousel went much faster than the one at Provo Beach Resort; when Izzy got off she said, "Mommy that was so fun; it was so fast!"  I guess she noticed too. 

She wanted to ride the quarter rides too. 
Hockey game.  Mike said he hadn't been to a game in a long time and he said it was a great time. 

Izzy and Cambry hanging out at the room.

Lots of time at the pool! Cambry's first swim.

Izzy LOVED swimming!  We went everyday several times/day.  We even took off her life jacket so she could practice swimming on her own.  Surprisingly she is pretty good.  She can swim 3-5 yards on her own.  I taught swim lessons for 10 years, I should be able to teach my own child right?!  We had a great trip, the weather was awesome; I kept telling Mike I could live in Phoenix!  I loved it!

5 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

What a fun trip!!!! I tell Joey all the time I think Arizona would be my happy "settling" place! Good amount of LDS kids, sunny, warm etc. let's make it happen:) I'm thinking in about 4 years?! Miss you!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

oh man that weather looks ha-mazing!! nice catching up with all the posts!

Rosanne Boyd said...

What a fun weekend getaway! The girls are adorable!! And you look great by the way :)

Diana said...

How fun! I would love to escape the doldrums of Utah's winter.

You look beautiful!

Lana said...

Nice that you could get away from the wretched utah weather. And Izzy looks so cute and grown up!