Wednesday, September 5, 2012

26 weeks

 I just love this picture.  Izzy loves to ride on daddy's shoulders and she loves to wear her sunglasses.  She is too cute.
 Of course, there has been lots of horseback riding.  We decided it was time for Izzy to sleep through the night in her big girl panties, no more diapers at night.  So horses were the magic trick for her bribery.  Her new bedroom has horse sheets/comforter and we bought a new bedroom set.  Once I have the curtains done, I'll post some pics of her new room.  The baby will get Izzy's old stuff.  Oh the joys of being the oldest!
 I am 26 weeks!  Really I wish I was more like 36 weeks, but 26 will just have to do for now.  Last week I had my gestational diabetes test and found out I have diabetes once again.  I actually failed the test worse this time than with Izzy.  My blood sugar was 251, with Izzy it was only 219 (the normal isn't suppose to be above 150).  I have never had to do the 3 hour test since I fail the first one so bad.  I was hoping that since I had been eating healthy with this pregnancy and following the gestational diabetes diet, that I wouldn't get it this time, but no such luck.  So I get to eat super healthy and prick my finger 6 times/day (which is the sucky part).  I guess on the positive side I'll get induced a week early so that'll be nice!  I have to meet with my dr weekly so he can monitor my sugars.  I don't mind the weekly visits because then I can ask all my questions and I like that the baby is monitored closely.  I am really grateful to have such a great doctor.  Even though it is a pain, I know there are a lot worse things that could happen.  I am just grateful for modern medicine.
Other than that I have been feeling pretty good.  I exercise a few times/week and try to stay active.  I don't really take many pictures of my belly, but I figure I should document at least a few times.  


5 comments:

Cat and Blake Potter said...

you look awesome!!!! Sometimes I think I should be on a gestational diet, i eat way too much crap these days. can't wait to meet this baby!!

Suzette Selden said...

Can't wait to see Izzy's new horse bedroom. So fun! You look great as always.

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

First of all- you need to get Izzy a horse! & you are the cutest prego mommy ever!!!! Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

Cutest pregnant girl ever?? You look amazing!!

Ashley said...

You look great and it's awesome that you are eating so healthy and exercising...I should be more like you :) good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!