Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rest of Christmas 2011

After going to Houston we headed down to Bay City.  I had not been there in a while because we usually go to Austin now that my parents have a lake house there.
 Izzy loved the dancing snowman that my parents had.
 Wednesday night my parents had a party so that we could see all of our old friends, teachers, people from church, classmates.  There was lots of food and great company!
 Lindsey and I! I love her so much-she is so cute and sweet!
 My friend, Tara, from high school came with her two daughters.
 Tara and I.  We had lots of fun together in high school!!
I can't believe just ten years ago we were in high school and now we have our own families.  It's crazy how things change!

Thursday morning we had breakfast at Shipley's, which is a favorite do-nut place in Bay City.  Then we headed back to Austin.  Friday we spend the day at Austin Fun Park.  It had unlimited go-carts, mini, golf, bumper boats, laser tag, arcade games, carousel, teacups, pizza and soda!  It was a great day.  Growing up whenever I traveled with my dad we always found a go cart place so we could race.  It's one of my favorite childhood memories.  I'm not sure who had more fun--Izzy or me.  I get super dizzy so I didn't ride the tea cups, but Izzy convinced my mom, Suzette, and Celeste to take her.  She could have stayed on all day if we let her.
Seriously the weather was amazing! Love that blue sky in the background


Even my mom rode with Izzy!


Izzy loved the video games,  I loved that they were free!


Friday night Izzy gave everyone hugs and kisses and said good bye.  It was a great week and sad to leave everyone.
Izzy and Papa. Love this picture!
Izzy and Sara (Dennis' girlfriend).  We love Sara--she is awesome and obviously Izzy thinks so too.
Flying home we all got upgraded to first class.  Mike usually gets upgraded when he flies and can get a companion upgraded also.  But since there was three of us we didn't know if it would work.  Luckily there were 6 empty seats in first class so all of us got upgraded; it was GREAT! Izzy was super excited when she got her breakfast.
After eating she decided to pass out.
She got nice and comfy.  We had such a great trip!

2 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

So cute. It's fun to see what you've been up to and all the fun you've been having.

Rosanne Boyd said...

Love the pics! Izzy cracks me up all sprawled out on the airplane! (Its too bad we are too old to do that..lol) Its great that she is such a good traveler for you! I remember riding go-carts at Fast Track every time you guys came to Longview to visit, great memories!