Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eight years!

I can't believe it has been 8 years since Mike and I were married! Where has the time gone?

Eight years later
 On our 8 year anniversary we went back to the Houston temple.  It was our first time going back to the Houston temple for a session since we were married there.  It was so fun to be there for our anniversary.  My sweet sister, Kathryn, watched Izzy while we were at the temple with my family.


 So what have we been up to the past eight years??

Locations-we lived in our first apartment for 1 1/12 years (with the exception of 3 months during the summer when we lived in Rhode Island), then we bought our home in Provo which we lived in for 6 years, until we bought our current home, which we will be in for many years to come!

School-When we got married we both had 1 1/2 years left.  We both graduated in 2005 and then I finished a masters in social work in 2008.

Jobs/careers-over the 8 years I have worked as a pool manager at Provo Recreation Center, nanny, Heritage Treatment Center, interned at Institute for Cognitive therapy and Children's Justice Center.  After my masters I worked at Provo Canyon School-now I stay home with our sweet daughter, Izzy!  Mike has worked for Horan Construction, Home Depot, Chef's Table, Beneficial Financial Group, and is now a partner at Links Consulting Group.

Children-we have one beautiful daughter.  She is the joy of our lives! She loves to play outside, have friends over, play with her horses, play with Tux (our dog), ride the 4 wheeler with Daddy, go boating, do gymnastics, jump on the trampoline, swim, and travel.  There isn't much she doesn't love to do.

Travel-we have taken lots of trips to Texas, DC, Colorado, and Canada to visit family.  We have also taken lots of vacations over the 8 years including trips to: Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, Costa Rica, New York, Arizona, California, Florida, Washington, Arkansas, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Bear Lake, Lake Powell, Montana, Lava Hot Springs.  I am sure there are some I'm forgetting.  Places I would still like to go are: Australia, New Zealand, Bahamas, and Europe.  We were supposed to go to Italy when I was pregnant with Izzy, but decided not to because I didn't feel good.  I'm sure we will make it over there one day.  Izzy is the best little traveler or else we would not have been on all these trips! She has been on 50 (one way flights) and I can't think of one bad flight.

Interests-some of the things we have enjoyed over the 8 years are playing games with friends, traveling, boating, having BBQ's, and most importantly spending time with family.  There was a time period where all of Mike's siblings lived in Provo except one.  It was a lot of fun having family dinners.  I have also had 2 siblings attend BYU and it has been fun having them over too.

It has been a great 8 years!  Of course, there are ups and downs along the way, but it is great to grow and learn together as a couple.  I look forward to the years to come!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats! I loved reading your summary of your 8 years, as I have been a bad friend and haven't kept up on your life or kept in touch like I would like to. I am a bit jealous of all the travels you have done - so fun! Izzy is adorable. You have a beautiful family.

Cat and Blake Potter said...

this was fun to read, a sweet life!! love you guys!