Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Move 2011

We were supposed to move on Monday Memorial Day, but Wed night we got a call from the sellers saying they were out and we could move in whenever we wanted.  So we scheduled to carpet cleaners for Thursday.  I had lots packed and was hoping to get most of it done Thursday.  Our friends, Ryan and Bethany, came over to help and we got it all packed so we moved Thursday night.
Izzy not sure where all of her stuff is in her room.
Rob came over to help load the trailer, along with Landon and Isaiah.  We are so lucky to have such great friends.
Kathryn watched the kids so we could get the work done.
The boss (that's me, ha ha) talking to the movers!

As we pulled up to our new house I got nervous.  I don't think that it had set in that I was moving away from familiarity, friends, and comfort.  I love this picture of Izzy when we pulled up to the new house.
Family picture before we started unloading.
The guys getting the tour before they started unloading.
Izzy and Dylan found their play place right away!  There is a built in play area for kids that goes under the stairs.  It has ladders to crawl up and different platforms.
Basement fireplace.  Taking a break before unloading.
More breaks, seems like we did a lot of that!
Izzy and Dylan playing in the backyard.
Carrying in the washer.  This is the covered patio with the gazebo to the right.
More play for Izzy and Dylan.
Back of the house
More unloading.  We are so grateful to our friends --Chambers, Rob, Isaiah, and Landon--for helping us move, pack, and unload.  We couldn't have done it without them.
Kitchen and Dining Room
Master Bedroom
Laundry Room
The play area I was talking about earlier.
More of the play area.
Izzy's first bath in the new house.
Getting Izzy and Dylan dressed over their baths.
For Memorial Day we had a bbq. Jen, Chris, Ryan, Bethany, and Rob came up.  Kathryn and Louise were also here.  Louise flew in to help us move, which we are so appreciative for.  Kathryn prolonged her stay in Provo for a month to watch Izzy while I worked and help us move.  She has been awesome!
Izzy playing with Bowr, Jen & Chris' new puppy.  He would bite her legs and diaper; it was funny.  And yes she is in winter coat, hat, and gloves on Memorial Day. Our high was 55 for the day, no good!
Izzy and Mami playing.
Izzy crawling down the stairs to play on her new swing set and trampoline.  She is loving life, playing outside all the time.  The kitchen/dining area overlook the backyard so she plays outside while I'm cleaning and stuff; it is awesome!!
We are so grateful for everyone who helped us!!

12 comments:

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

Yay, I'll get to see it in just over a month! I hope you are enjoying your new neighborhood/ward and making new friends. :)

Cat and Blake Potter said...

it is beeeeautiful!!! So excited to visit!!!

aisy said...

Bet you are loving all the space!

Rosanne Boyd said...

Your new home is beautiful!! I am so excited for you guys!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new house! Especially the back and the kid play area! I want to be a kid and grow up in your house:) I'm so happy for you and happy you had so much help; wish I could have been there!

Lana said...

Penny, your new house is gorgeous! That backyard with the gazebo looks like a lot of fun. Hope you are loving not working at PCS anymore :)

Suzette Selden said...

I love the house, and am so excited y'all are all moved in. It looks awesome! We are so happy for y'all and wish we could have been there to help. Love you.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Beautiful home! I'm so excited for you guys. We need to come visit now.

Kim Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Moore said...

Some how I deleted myself. :(

I would kill for a play area like that! I'm going to send my kids your way. How about this summer? :)

Rob and Marseille said...

That is such a nice house!! So much space too.

Jared and Cassie said...

Your house looks beautiful! My parents house is really close by, so I should come over and visit you when Im up there sometime!