Sunday, June 12, 2011

Austin

My mom and younger sister, Kathryn, were going to Europe for 3 weeks, which left my Dad home by himself.  So I thought it would be fun to fly in and spend some daddy daughter time with my dad.  The week before we came, I had been feeling very sad, missing my brother, so I was glad I had this trip planned.  Izzy and I flew out Thursday morning.  We had our own row, which is always nice.  My mom and Kathryn were still here on Thursday, so we hung out.  We met Suzette and Jon at WaterLoo for dinner. 
 Izzy at the airport, trying to wear my sunglasses.
 She loved playing in Dude's (the black lab) cage.
 Hanging out with grandma before she left.
 Gotta love this picture (read the onesie).
 All of us kids got my dad some golf clubs for Father's Day.
 He says he really likes them.  We will see how often he uses them!
 Izzy loved climbing up on the recliner and rocking herself!

On Friday, Mom and Kathryn took off for Europe.  Dad and I went to direct buy to look at some more furniture for the lake house (it is still lacking a big screen, which is a must have).  Then we met Suzette for lunch and went to her office.  Then Dad and I came back and went swimming in the neighbor's pool (they don't live there, but Dad claims he had permission).  Izzy loved swimming, except for when Dude (the big black lab) would come and lick her face. 


 Izzy wouldn't keep the hat on.
 But she kept on the shades.


Friday night we went to Suzette's house to see all the remodeling, which was Amazing!  Then we headed to Ruby's for some delicious BBQ!  Izzy was so cute, she grabbed a rib off of Jon's plate and started eating it right off the bone.  We tried to get a picture, but we unsuccessful of course.  We came back to the lake house and Dad and Jon watched Three Amigos and Suzette and i sat on the back porch at talked. 

Saturday, Dad and I went to the Co-op to get UT gear for the baseball game.  All I really wanted was a Longhorn to put on the back of my car, but we walked out with a UT shirt for me, UT dress for Izzy, big Bebo, and a little Longhorn, and peanut M&M's.  Yes, I might be a bit of a push over, if Izzy wants it, she gets it.....usually!  That night we headed to the super regional game between UT and Arizona State.  My friend, J Brent, from high school coaches there and he got us tickets. 

 Posing at Suzette's awesome new remodeled home.
 Izzy loving her popcorn.
 Can you tell we are sweating like crazy.  I forgot how HOT and HUMID it is!!
 Popcorn and drink....Life is good!!
 She loved the game.  I had to put the blue bow in her hair to represent some Cougar pride, plus I thought if I didn't Mike might disown us!!
 Hanging out with Dad.
 Suzette and Izzy.
 She wants to wear the hat when she doesn't need the protection from the sun.
This picture pretty much sums up the trip....Lots of relaxing.  Plus shopping, swimming, and sports!  I am so glad I made the trip and had a great time.  Izzy was awesome.  She slept the whole flight back from Austin to Salt Lake.  Plus she slept in til 930 or 10 each day, I loved it!!

5 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

It was so great to see you Penny. I had a blast hanging out with you and playing with Izzy. She is so precious.

Rosanne Boyd said...

What a fun trip! Izzy just gets more beautiful every time I see a picture of her!

Rachel Durazzani said...

What a fun trip. How great to spend some time with your Dad. And seriously, I LOVE Izzy and I haven't even met her.

Unknown said...

That looks like such a fun trip! And who wouldn't be a pushover with that cute girl!! (and i'm a pushover too, don't worry!) Glad you got to spend some time with your dad and sister!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

How did I miss this post?!?! SO FUN Penny!!!! WIsh I could have been there but glad you got to go:)