Sunday, May 22, 2011

Horseback riding

On Friday our friend, Landon, texted me asking if we wanted to go horseback riding at his parent's ranch.  I was super excited because Izzy loves animals.  She has her "own horse" in the living room that is pretty big (bigger than dogs) and makes noises.  I couldn't wait to see how she would be around real horses and thought she would love every minute of it.
Izzy and Hurley, Landon's dog.  Hurley has spent many afternoons in our backyard at bbq's, so Izzy and Hurley are good friends.  If I could find a dog as well behaved as Hurley we would have one for sure!
Izzy was way more timid than I expected.  If I took her near a horse she would hold on to me really tight and whimper.
As you can tell, she is squeezing Daddy because the horse is getting too close.
She is crying and reaching for mom because she is scared.  Definitely not how I imagined the afternoon going.
Going in the corral, getting a little closer!
When I got on, I thought maybe Izzy would ride with me.  She wasn't too sure about it at first.
But then she started enjoying it.
By the end she was loving it!!
She wanted to lead the horses around.
If she was not riding she would start crying.  So Kathryn was kind enough to let Izzy ride with her.  It's funny how quickly she changed her mind about horses.
After horseback riding we went to a park and had a bbq.  It was a great day!!

5 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

How Fun! Glad she warmed up:) I'm with you on finding a behaved dog... we have some friends with great dogs, but I'm not willing to take the risk with a pup. I keep telling our friends that when they are ready to give them up we'll take it:) Avery loves dogs but Mommy is scared we won't get a good one!!!! I'm excited for you to move into your new house this weekend!!!!!!!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

What a fun, fun day! Love that she loves horses. Cute family picture. Good luck with your move this week!

Ashley said...

Looks like fun! Cade is the same way with animals--he loves them but when it comes to seeing them up close he is pretty timid. Good luck with your move! We'd love to see you the weekend of June 4th-we'll be in touch.

Cat and Blake Potter said...

awesome, wish we coulda been there!!

Rosanne Boyd said...

How fun! That is so cute and I love the pics with Izzy on the horse! Wish we were there to help you guys move!