Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We flew to Texas last Tuesday to visit my family. There was a blizzard blowing into Utah, but luckily we got out before they started delaying flights. Everyone else flew/drove in Wednesday. It was so great to be home with all of my family, minus Dennis, who is spending a year in New Zealand (yes, I'm jealous)!
Izzy had a great time exploring the new cabinets, rooms, drawers, etc. Plus my Mom had bought her lots of new toys, which Izzy loved playing with.
Suzette and I cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
Of course, I have to take a break from all that cooking with Kathryn and Lindsey, Craig's fiance. This was the first time I got to see her ring, which is gorgeous. We are so happy they are engaged and can't wait for their wedding!
Craig made his famous deep fried turkey. It is so yummy! Even Mike says a deep fried turkey is the best!!
Ate way too much!!
Izzy slept through most of Thanksgiving dinner. She woke up right as we were finishing eating, luckily there was plenty of food left for her!
After we stuffed ourselves we played some tennis. Mike is serving an ace!

Then we play some football. Gotta work off all those extra calories. We had such a great time. Friday all the girls hit the mall, like always. That's for another post.

My mom gave me the best Christmas gift ever. She had someone make a doll that replicates me on my wedding day. The dress is exactly the same, flowers, and hairdo. It is awesome to have something to remind me of that special day. My mom is so sweet and thoughtful; I love her!!

9 comments:

Louise Bergeron said...

Thanks for sharing your time in Texas with your family. I love looking at my kids blogs, it's so nice to be able to keep up with all your travels and activities. You're doing a great job !

Unknown said...

That doll is so cute! What a wonderful idea! And as always...Izzy is adorable! She is lucky to be the only grandchild for awhile...she will get especially spoiled! ; )

kachers said...

what a great trip! Izzy is so DARLING - and what an amazing gift from your mom!! Thinking of you guys!

Rachel Durazzani said...

So great that you got to go home! And it looks like any amazing time was had by all...of course.
And that Barbie is AMAZING! Wow. What a cool idea. Love it!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Your mom thinks of it all!!! Love all the pics; glad you got to go to TX.So many fun BC memories!!! Why is Dennis in New Zealand? How AWESOME!!! I tried callin you Sun. but you must have been on the plane... we need to catch up!!! Love you!

Rosanne Boyd said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun! Love the doll, that is such a great idea! Its great to see pictures of your family- miss you guys!

Suzette Selden said...

So fun to see you, Izzy, and Mike. We had a blast with y'all as always. Love ya.

Line said...

Wow what an adorable christmas gift!

Btw, I took the parent and tot swim class with spencer when he was abt izzy's age. So fun! :)

Rob and Marseille said...

that is a neat way to remember you wedding day!