Saturday, November 13, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Izzy absolutely loves the water. So much that if you leave the toilet lid up she runs for it and sticks her hands in the water and splashes around. I know it's pretty gross, so we have to remember to put the lid down. She is taking a parent and tot swim lesson class for four weeks. The funny thing is I taught at this pool for five years and always wondered why people would take parent and tot swim classes. But I love taking the class with Izzy and as you can tell it is the highlight of her day.
She would stay in here all day if I let her.
Swim to your duck (which is one of her newest words).
Mike went on a "business trip" to Hawaii, lucky him!! It was just a quick trip or else Izzy and I would have joined. Of course when parents go on trips without the kids, they have to bring presents back. Mike is showing Izzy the doll he bought her.
Daddy is getting in all of the tickling he missed out on while he was gone. It was super fun to Skype with him while he was in Hawaii (he was only gone 3 days so it wasn't long). Izzy Skyped with him once and just kept saying Daddy, Daddy. He asked where her horse was, so she pointed to it and walked over to it and then of course wanted a ride!
Done with the tickling match.
My newest addiction is shopping for Izzy's clothes!! I love it and can't get enough. This was one of the dresses I bought while Mike was in Hawaii (I have to do something to keep myself busy). She had shoes that matched perfectly. The problem is she won't stay still for pictures!
She hates having bows in her hair so I was trying to snap pictures before she took it out.
Izzy wearing her Puma workout suit and necklaces.
Fall Time! She didn't know what to think of all the leaves. She had her one year old appointment and the Dr said she is off the charts for height. Her stats are:
Weight: 25 pounds; 94%
Height: 31 1/2 inches; 99.6%
Head: I don't remember, but it was 99% too.
She is a big girl, but at least it is all proportionate!! She is so cute!!

8 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Brings back memories of the good ol' Rec Center...You should just teach the class with Izzy! It looks like she is having sooo much fun:) Avery always tore her bows out too. I would always get so frustrated because I had the cutest bows!!! Maybe she'll keep the longhorns one in

aisy said...

Love it, and the dress if fantastically cute.

Rosanne Boyd said...

She is so cute!! The swim class looks like so much fun!

Lauryn Dawes said...

She's so cute! Maybe she'll be a swimmer, being tall is good for that. I love the picture of her in the leaves!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

oh my flippin goodness i LOVE her!!! cute pics and thanks for the updates! love and miss you guys!!

The Thompson Crew said...

Oh my gosh she is walking and she is so adorable! Love the outfits. I LOVE dressing Beckett in all his cute little outfits. Not quite as many choices as girls outfits, but still a blast!

Rachel Durazzani said...

She always looks SO CUTE in all of her outfits. Shopping for girls is the best! And I love that you're doing swim lessons with her. One of my favorite things I've done with Hailey. We both loved it.
Sure miss you guys!

Suzette Selden said...

So so cute! Love the swim classes and cannot wait to see y'all next week.