Monday, November 1, 2010

Izzy's Birthday

This time of year is so busy. It seems like we have something going on all the time. I'm not complaining, I love being busy. On Friday, Izzy and I went with Kirsten to Adobe's Halloween Party. The decorations were awesome!! Izzy got scared at some of the decorations.
Izzy and I at the Adobe Party.
Kirsten and Izzy. She loves hanging out with Kirsten.
Cheese! I love her smile during this picture.
Izzy didn't want to smile.
On Saturday our ward had a Trunk or Treat. The weather was not cooperating so they moved the party inside. I wanted Mike to be Homer since I was Marge, but he wasn't sure what he wanted to do. So he waited til the last minute to find a costume so he went with the original cowboy.
It took Izzy no time to figure out how to get the candy from the basket and put in her bag.
The hand did not scare Izzy. She just wanted candy.
I'll take that.
Sunday was Izzy's birthday. I can't believe she was born a year ago. The time has gone by so fast. She has brought so much joy and happiness to our lives. We had someone make this birthday cake; it turned out so cute.
Izzy would not smile for the pictures-all of her focus was on the cake.
I love her lips in this picture. She loves playing with balloons.
My mom came in town for the weekend. It was so fun to have her here. We shopped a lot, went out to dinner, talked, and just relaxed.
She was ready to dig in!
She LOVED her cake. We had to stop her from eating the whole thing. But no surprise, because she always loves to eat. She will eat anything--peas, green beans, corn, bananas, apples, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggs--you name it she eats it!!
Loving life!

My mom bought this horse and it was a huge hit. Izzy wasn't too sure at first about sitting on it, but once Dylan got on she was good to go. I love that we got them both smiling. She calls it a doggie (which is her favorite word) but it sounds more like doglie (she adds a L for some reason).
Daddy would make the horse move and buck; it was so cute.

Lots of family and close friends came for Izzy's birthday. The Selks, Smiths, Chambers, Wilsons, Bergerons, Kathryn, Grandma, Mami, Jackie & Shawn were all there. We are so happy to have such great family and friends.

5 comments:

Line said...

Looks like it was a fun weekend! Happy birthday to your little girl! The time really does fly when you have a little one.

Unknown said...

Izzy is adorable! I love her dress!!! I can't believe it's already been a year!!

Rosanne Boyd said...

She is so adorable!! Happy Birthday Izzy!

Suzette Selden said...

Happy b'day to Izzy. That horse is awesome!

JR and Brynn said...

Oh my goodness what an incredible group of people who love and adore Izzy. That is so awesome!! What a fun birthday. So happy for her and you guys. I can't believe she is already 1. That is wild! Gorgeous cake!