Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Redecorating

We moved into our home about 3 1/2 years ago and when we moved in, I didn't mind the paint colors and decorations.  Yet, over time the tans and browns got boring and I wanted something new.  However, we all know that I can't decorate, I don't even know where to begin.  I walk into a home decorating store and couldn't even tell you what to buy.  Luckily, I have a good friend Emily who enjoys decorating and she has a cousin, Candice, who also likes to decorate.  So they went shopping with me, helped me pick out decorations, took me to stores I didn't know existed, and helped me pick out paint colors.  Mike wasn't too sure about all of our ideas.  In fact, after I had the whole house painted, he told me the color was terrible and we should have it repainted.  I told him to just wait til all the decorations were put up and then he could decide.  Let's just say he loved the final product!
The office, this is probably one room where I didn't like the paint color from day one.  The green on the bottom was ugly.
LOVE how it turned out!
Before you didn't really notice the trim because it was all painted the same tan color.  
Now it really pops with the white and it looks beautiful!
The china cabinet decorations.
Much cleaner and I like the vases on the top. 
The living room was a gray color and the shelves needed some decorations. 
Living room
Love the paint color, the clock and the pictures we hung on the walls.  So much better!!
Our bedroom.  
I liked the furniture and we left the wall color the same, but got new bedspread, lamps, and pictures. Such an improvement!
Half bathroom, off the kitchen.  I don't have a before picture. 
I don't have a before picture of the living room, but I LOVE this room.  It is so peaceful, quiet and relaxing!
Love it!
And my favorite is the nursery.  I didn't take any before pictures, but it used to be our guest bedroom. The walls were painted blue, so we painted them a light gray.  We put up tempaper (similar to wall paper, but peels off easily) on the wall with the crib, recovered the glider with a soft, mink gray fabric, installed a chandelier, and painted the dresser coral. 
We painted the lamp purple and the girls helped paint the mural above the dresser-their gift to the baby.  
None of this would have happened without Emily Francis and her cousin, Candice.  When I say 'we put up or we hung the mirrors' what I really mean is Candice and Emily did it.  I was usually just supervising and giving approval.  I am so happy with how the house turned out.  Next is Cambry's room, she started crawling out of her crib, so she needs new furniture and her room needs to be painted, but I am done with decorating until after the baby comes.  And while we are at it, I will have Izzy's room painted too because her color doesn't really match the rest of the house.  So stay tuned for more redecorating....

No comments: