Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Montana

The last week in July we headed to Montana to our family's cabin for 5 days.  The last time I went was 3 years ago, when I was pregnant with Izzy.  As a child I spent about a month each summer up there with my grandparents, riding 4-wheelers, riding horses, playing skip-bo with Grandma, playing in the river, rafting, playing with cousins--so I have lots of fun memories! I am always excited to go up there.  The best part was Jon surprised Suzette with plane tickets to Utah and then they drove up with us! So much fun!!
This was Izzy's longest car drive-8 hours.  She has been on plenty of flights, but not many rode trips.  I wasn't sure how she would do, but she was an angel.  She watched movies, played on the iPad, and played with my phone.  When we were all getting a little restless we cranked up the tunes and had a dance party! We even stopped at Cafe Rio in Pocatello, which was a great treat for the Texans who were craving Cafe Rio. 
There was lots of 4-wheeling.  Izzy kept saying, "Go faster Mommy!"
Izzy loved playing in the river and throwing rocks.
Of course, she discovered the horses the first morning.  Every waking moment all I heard was, "I want horses, let's go to the horses, It's time to ride the horses, etc."
Of course she got a horseback ride or two, maybe 3, I lost count.  She was in HEAVEN and that's an understatement! This girl loves horses!
The horses name was Lucky and she has not stopped talking about Lucky since we got home. 
Izzy riding Lucky
We went 4-wheeling up Lulu and Dasiy.  Izzy was ready to roll. 
Seriously it is so beautiful!
Izzy holding onto Daddy because she said, "I don't want to fall."
Walking around old gold mines up in the mountains. 
My Dad was such a trooper.  He broke his leg the week before jet skiing, but that didn't slow him down.  He still came on all the 4 wheeling trips.  I turned around half way because it was too bumpy for this 21 week pregnant woman, but not my Dad he kept going. 
Love the background. 
Doesn't get any prettier than this!!
Mike's favorite day! Mike, Jon, Uncle Mark, and my cousin Ryan headed up to Rock Island to fish.  Mike said the water was like glass and he kept dreaming of having our boat up there. 
Jon scouting out the fishing. 

Don't ask how or where they got the boats.  All that matters is that they were returned. 

My cousin Ryan fishing.  He just got his mission call to Toronto, Canada.  We are so excited for him!

Jon went for a little dip in the lake and claimed it wasn't too cold.  He is from Washington; I think we are a different idea of what cold is. 

Izzy had a great time with Papa.

It took Izzy a couple days, but she finally realized she could climb into the loft.

And there was no stopping her.

My beautiful sister, Suzette.  I am so glad they came.  It made the trip so much better. 

Of course, you can't drive through Yellowstone without seeing buffalo. 

Izzy was so so happy to get home and see Tux.  On the drive home she said, "Mommy Tux is sad at Dylan's house, he wants me."  She is too funny!!

1 comment:

Suzette Selden said...

So fun we got to take that trip together! Love you.