Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rhode Island

When Izzy was two months old Mike was inducted to the baseball Hall of Fame for the Newport Gulls (a summer league team he played on while he was playing at BYU).  Izzy and I didn't fly out because she was just a baby and it was middle of the winter on the east coast, not my idea of fun.  Well this year they had the second annual induction and Mike wanted to go to support some of his teammates who were being inducting.  I had been feeling pretty sad the couple weeks before, missing my family, homesick, etc so Mike had a little surprise for me when we got to Rhode Island.  We were walking to baggage claim and my dad came around the corner.  My first thought was where he is flying to that he would have a layover in Boston (my dad is always going somewhere).  It took me a few minutes to realize he was there to hang out with us.  

Best gift ever! If you know me and my family we LOVE black Friday shopping (that is probably an understatement). We were staying at Mike's family's house for Thanksgiving, but I convinced Mike to go shopping with me on Friday.  This nifty little DVD player was half off at Toys-r-us; best money I ever spent! Izzy was so happy on the flight. 
At the induction ceremony.

I spent most of the night chasing this little rascal around, which is why I'm not wearing my shoes.
There was a big snow storm while we were there, probably more snow in one day than we have seen in Utah all year.  But we still went for a walk around downtown Newport on Sunday.
On Monday we went to Boston to do some sight seeing before our flight.  There was a cute picture of Fenway park.

Izzy and Papa; she had so much fun with him.  I am so glad my Dad is always up for a trip and made the trek out to Rhode Island.
Mike's favorite part-he came home with 10 fresh lobster.  They were still crawling around the ice chest when we got home.  He ate two that night.  I hate seafood and the smell of it, luckily he ate them every night for a few days straight so the smell was done and over quickly.
My super talented cousin, Rachel, made this cute skirt for Izzy.  She wants to wear it everyday.  I love it! Thanks so much Rachel; you're the best!!

2 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

That's awesome you got Mike to go black Friday shopping with you! It took me 3 years before I could convince Joey to go, now he is always up for it! Glad y'all had a great trip! Izzy makes that skirt look EVEN CUTER! You're so sweet; I miss you LOTS!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

cute skirt and cute pics!!!