Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grandma comes to visit

My Unlce Keith was driving to Salt Lake from Denver for a genealogy conference so my Grandma decided to tag along.  She stayed in Provo on Wed and Thur to visit her sisters, Carol and Alice, and then came to my house Friday and Saturday.  It was so fun to hang out, play games, and watch Izzy interact with her.  Seriously for a 92 year old lady, I don't know how she does everything she does!  She makes quilts, books, hot pads, blankets, hats, booties, the list goes on and on!
 Grandma's hearing aid made a squealing sound when you touched it and Izzy thought it was hilarious.  She would go up to Grandma and say, "grandma ear" and then push on her ear.
 I loved watching them interact.
 Izzy is obsessed with wearing a helmet or her cowboy hat, especially when riding her horse.  It started when we were in Rhode Island and she found a helmet at the house we were staying at and she wore it everyday.
 She thinks Daddy is a horse.
 She would wear the helmet to the gym if I let her.  Derdle took her to Wal-mart one night and let her wear the helmet in the store.  She is a lot nicer than I am!
 Kathryn, Penny, Izzy, and Grandma
Thanks Grandma for coming to visit! We had so much fun!!

2 comments:

Lana said...

Love the pics of Izzy and her daddy- so cute! Izzy looks just like you:)

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

awwww such great pics! I talked to Gma yesterday and she says, "so I made the facebook?" Alice told her about your post and she was laughing and wanted me to read it to her (lol) I told her that she is a legacy/celebrity. What would we do without Grandma?!?! Glad y'all had a fun visit