Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving in Texas

We had decided we weren't going to travel for Thanksgiving because it's such a short holiday, but I was starting to feel homesick knowing all my siblings would be together.  I looked for plane tickets on Southwest and found some great deals using points.  I was so excited to go home!
I decided to fly home on Sunday so that we would have a week there.  Mike was going to fly in on Tuesday so he could a couple days.  Brielle isn't always the best on the plane, so I was a little nervous. 
Brielle wanted to be a big girl and pull a bag.
We had a 40 minute layover in Dallas.  It gave us just enough time to grab some dinner and eat it on the plane.  The girls were awesome! I couldn't have asked for better flights.  Izzy watched the iPad, Cambry played with her new princesses, and Brielle just sat on my lap and played with Playdoh. My parents were there to pick us up and we headed home.  All the girls fell asleep in the car. 
On Monday we went to Chuck-e-Cheese with Grandma.  The kids loved playing all the games. 
Then we headed to Build-a-Bear and Grandma let them each pick an animal to make. 
After Build-a-Bear the girls wanted to ride animals through the mall, why not?!
Even Brielle wanted in on the action. 
These girls are so lucky to have such a wonderful Grandma.  She is fun, loves to play with them, and always making them feel special.
Making cookies with Grandma.
 The grandkids having fun with Grandma.  Suzette and Posey arrived on Tuesday and we were so happy they came in early. 
Brielle, Izzy, Grandma, Cambry, and Posey
Cambry loves to perform and having a snowman perform with her. She loved the toddler bed, Grandma had set up for her. 
The girls were so exited to have Dr. Pepper with their Thanksgiving meal.
Love spending time with Celeste. 
Thanksgiving morning we took family pictures. The girls all loved the cows, so why not get a candid shot by the cows.
Love this family of mine. 
I'm not sure how I got so lucky.  I have great parents who made me feel confident, special, and unconditional love.  I always knew I could do anything and they would support me.  It was a rough few years after my brother died.  I didn't know how to navigate through the pain and hurt.  I wasn't sure if I should talk to my family or if that would stir up pain within them.  It was hard, really hard.  I finally feel like I am in a good place.  I feel happy again.  Being home was good for me.  My heart felt happy.  It felt good to be around those I love the most and who love me.  The week went way too fast. 
Bluebell is the best as Izzy quickly learned. 
These 2 cousins are going to cause some serious trouble down the rode. 
Brielle and Posey
Black Friday shopping with my Mom and sisters.  It has been a tradition for years, but we haven't been able to do it for the past few years because of scheduling conflicts.  But this year we made it happen and it was Sara's first time experiencing Black Friday shopping.  We left Thursday night and headed to the Galleria.  When we got there we realized lots of shops were already open so we started shopping!  Went to bed around midnight and we were out the door the next morning by 8.  We shopped til we dropped for sure. 
Saturday morning we did Christmas gift exchange.  Izzy and Brielle bought Posey some Mega Blocks.  She was pretty excited about them.
Some of the favorites of the week included: Izzy playing tennis nonstop, swimming, well maybe it was more putting their feet in and the traditional turkey bowl game.
Posey didn't want us to leave.  She got in the car with the girls and wanted to stay with them!
It was an amazing week with family and lots of great memories created!  

No comments: