Monday, July 25, 2016

Montana Round 1

I was talking to my cousin, Rachel, and she mentioned she was going to be in Montana while our 97 year old Grandma was going to be there.  We arranged the weekend and we were going to go.  Then my Uncle Roland, passed away and it was the same weekend we were planning to go to Montana.  I decided it was important to stay and attend the funeral and support my Aunt Ann.  I decided I could drive to Montana the following weekend, Mike just wouldn't be able to go because he would be leaving to drive cross country to Rhode Island.  I knew I could make the 9 hour drive myself, I was just worried about pit stops trying to help the girls go to the bathroom, change diapers, and not lose anyone.  My cousin's daughter, Alexis, was in Utah and she said she would love to join us.  That solved my problem of having someone to help me along the way.
We took off Wednesday morning around 10 am.  The girls were so excited!
It didn't take long before they were all asleep.
"Buffalo land" is their favorite part of the drive.  We made it safely!! I'm not sure I can say it was a great drive.  Brielle threw up twice, had a poopy diaper once, we had to sit in road construction for 30 minutes, and we were stuck in 30 minutes of traffic in the park for a grizzly bear and her cub.  We did get to see the bear so that was pretty neat.  The drive was a little longer than we had hoped, but it wasn't too bad.
Of course, the first day, Izzy had to go horseback riding.  Actually, it was the first thing she did when we got there that evening was run down to see the horses.
Alexus got in on the horseback ride too.
Cambry went for a 4-wheel ride with Rachel, while the other kids were horseback riding. 
She can't get enough of the horses.
The weather was gorgeous and the girls enjoyed playing in the river. 
Alexus, Avery, Izzy, Chambray
Even Brielle loved the river and enjoyed throwing rocks.
Ansley, Izzy, and Avery tubing down the river. 
It's so fun watching my kids enjoy all the fun activities I did with my cousins as a kid.
Brielle loved playing on the 4-wheeler and being outside. 
These girls are horse lovers!
Ansley, Izzy, Avery, Alexus
They couldn't wait to go to the Cooke City store and pick out a gift.  I remember taking pictures in front of this bear as a kid!
Alexus, Ansley, Cambry, Izzy, Avery, Beckham
Cambry and Avery
Cambry loving the hammock.
I loved being able to spend time with my Grandma.  So many of my childhood memories involve being in Montana with her; playing skip-bo, making quilts, planting flowers, eating cookies.  I love her so much! She is so full of spunk and feistiness. 
S'more making was the kids favorite nightly activity.
Yummy hotdogs.
I am so grateful I got to spend a few days with my beautiful grandma.  We played skip-bo, told stories, laughed, and curled her hair.  

No comments: