Monday, April 6, 2015

Cambry is potty trained!

For the past few months, I've asked Cambry if she wants to use the big potty.  Sometimes she would and sometimes she would sit on it and nothing happened.  I decided to wait until after Brielle was born and things had settled down before trying to potty train.  But Cambry had a different plan, which doesn't surprise me; she is a determined, strong willed little girl.  
The night before we left to go to the hospital to have Brielle, Cambry came in my room and said, "I need to go potty."  I sat her on the potty and she went.  I was shocked!  My mom said she would put her in panties and just see what happened while we gone at the hospital.  When we got back my Mom said she had been doing great and had only had one accident each day, so I decided we would keep going with it.  The rest of the week she probably had about one accident per day.  Then that went to about 2-3 accidents per week.  And typically the accidents would happen when she was outside playing and forgot to come inside.  And now she rarely has accidents.  She still wears a diaper at night and for naps, but I consider her potty trained.  I can't believe how easy it was.  I wouldn't even consider it potty training, she decided she wanted to use the big potty and that was that.
Such a big girl! Easiest potty training ever!

No comments: