Tuesday, February 11, 2014

St. Croix

On Monday we were in St. Croix.  The Forstner's and Francis' were going scuba diving, so we headed off the boat with the Johnson's and Denney's.  We were considering renting bikes to tour the island and also paddle board.  The bikes were all booked, so we headed to a nearby beach and ended up at the Freedom City Surf Shop.  Pi, the owner, took her job very seriously.
She gave us a lengthy demonstration on how to paddle.  She told me that if I big gust of wind came, it would blow me out in the ocean and apparently that was a bad thing.  I've paddle boarded with my sister in Austin and thought it was a lot of fun.  But, I have to admit that Pi had me a little nervous about paddling in open water, as she informed me, that it is much different than in a lake (she was a little overboard).

Listening intently to Pi.





I didn't realize how big the boards were!

Since the first place was right by the cruise ship, we wanted to check out another beach so we could see more of the island.  We took a taxi to Sand Castle Beach.  I was feeling a little sunburnt by this point so I wanted a shady area.  We find a nice restaurant right by the beach.  I ordered a yummy smoothie and enjoyed the gorgeous view.  I even ventured out into the water for a bit, but then retreated to my shade. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon.
Monday night was the first formal dinner, so we got all dressed up.  

The whole gang.

Dinner time

Love these girls, for sure the best looking group on the ship!

After dinner, was the battle of the sexes game.  Some people from our group participated. 

Of course, the girls dominated!!

No comments: