Sunday, November 17, 2013

I love my Grandpa!

On November 9, 2013 my Grandpa, Robert Lewis Grebe, passed away.  He was 95 years old.  My grandma, who is still living, is 94 and they've been married for 74 years!  They have been such a great example to me.  I spent countless summers with them in Montana.  As a child, my grandpa would rock me by the fire in the cabin.
Some of my favorite memories of him:
-His love of the gospel.  He served as Bishop 5 times and a temple sealer for 20+ years.  He sealed Mike and I.
-His prayers.  He was a man of few words, but lots of words when he prayed!
-His rebounder, as he called it.  He jumped on this small trampoline everyday and said that kept him young.
-He did whatever my Grandma asked and he did it with a smile.  Maybe that's the secret for a 74 year marriage.
-His love for genealogy.  He had binders full of names he had found and did all their temple work.
-He played skip-bo with us, even though he didn't love it.
He was such a great man and will be greatly missed!
First flight without Daddy, we survived, no problem!
Izzy and Daddy having dinner at the country club.  Missed this girl like crazy! Mike stayed with Izzy on Thursday and then flew to Denver Friday morning. 

My grandma insisted the guys all take one of Grandpa's hats. They kept us laughing.  

Dennis taking care of Cambry. 

Grandma loves her granddaughters.  If we don't call her every week, she gets mad and you don't want Grandma mad at you. 

The cousins at the funeral. 

Last time I saw my Grandpa in August 2013.  So glad I was able to see him one last time. 

I miss him so much! Such a great man!

1 comment:

Louise Bergeron said...

He sure was a great man. I always enjoyed seeing him and your grandma at the Temple. He will be missed for sure...