Sunday, June 16, 2013

Yuba Lake

Several families in our neighborhood went camping in Yuba Lake.  We have never done a family camping trip so I guess we have to start sometime.  I wasn't sure how the girls would do or really how I would survive, but it was a great time.  We left our house Thursday afternoon and drove down, it's only  1 1/2 hours away, so not bad.  It was SUPER windy on Thursday, but we set up our tent and got everything ready.  We were hoping to go boating, but that did not happen on Thursday.  We ate dinner with friends and then everyone roasted smores around the campfire.

On Friday it was a little windy so I was worried how the water would be.  But when we got down there it wasn't bad.  We set up all the umbrellas and food on the beachy area and headed out on the boat. There were 4 boats and about 10 families on Friday.  It was awesome going out on the boat and then coming back and hanging out on the beach.  Izzy loved playing in the sand and being with all the kids.  That night our friends made the best dinner ever!  Seriously I am going to have to cook it at home; it was so yummy.  Friday night the girls did not sleep so well.  Izzy was crying on and off most of the night and ended up in my bed as did Cambry.  I think she was tired from being in the sun all day and staying up late Thursday night with all the big kids.

Izzy and Grace hanging out Friday morning.


We started off at this rocky beach, but then moved to a nice sandy area. 

Lots of surfing.

The captain

The captain with his sidekick.

On Saturday we debated staying and boating, but I lost my voice and wasn't feeling great. Plus with the lack of sleep the night before from the girls, we decided to head home.  We had a fun time camping, but I think it will be a while before we go camping again; it takes a lot of work!!

No comments: