Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mom's Visit

My Mom came to visit for a week; it was not long enough!!  She flew in Friday night and Mike was in Phoenix with my dad, Dennis, and brother in laws so we had some girl time!!  
 On Monday we went to the animal farm.  Izzy loved riding the horse.  I wasn't sure we would get her off.
 The weather was beautiful.  Of course she wanted to pet the horses.
 We went on a carriage ride.
 She had to tell the horse bye.
 On Tuesday I went grocery shopping and my mom took Izzy to McDonalds; she had a blast.  Growing up we went to McDonalds every Friday because my dad didn't come home for lunch on Fridays; I loved it!!
 Playing on the animals.
 On Thursday Izzy had gymnastics.  She had quite the audience-Celeste and Brandon flew in Wed night from NYC, my dad was here and my mom.  Izzy loves gymnastics, I'll make a post about it now that I have pictures.
 Walking the balance beam.
 We met up with my mom's sister and her husband in Midvale for dinner.  I love Olive Garden, until I look at my restaurant app on my phone and see all the calories I ate.  Gym here I come....
 On Friday we went to eat at Tucanos; it's my dad's favorite.  My mom didn't want to go because it's too much food so she took Izzy to the Provo Beach Resort.  I love this picture because it shows the super cute outfit my Mom bought Izzy.
She had a great time on the playground.
She rode the carousel 7 times in a row and I'm not exaggerating.
She would kick the horse and say, "ya, ya, come on boy," just like she did in Costa Rica.  The workers were all laughing.
She even got to play arcade games.  I'm pretty sure my mom didn't let me do that when I was a kid.
My parents bought her dress up shoes along with some pretty dresses and outfits.  Izzy always gets spoiled when the grandparents come to visit.
Modeling her shoes.

All of the girls hanging out, if only Suzette was here!!
Sunday morning before they left.  We had such a great week and of course it went by too fast.  I am so lucky to have such great parents and family.  I love being with them!!

4 comments:

Cat and Blake Potter said...

Izzy has some pretty great posture there on the horses!

Suzette Selden said...

So sad I missed out on it. Dennis came over for dinner tonight, so I did get to see him :) He's such a cutie. Love you.

Lana said...

I can't get over how much you and your mom look alike Penny! :)

Lana said...

I can't get over how much you and your mom look alike Penny! :)