Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gymnastics

A few months ago Izzy started taking gymnastics at the fitness center.  She loves it so much (and that's an understatement).  She wants to wear her leotard and skirt everyday.  She walks along the back of the couch and calls it the balance beam.  She does forward rolls and hand stands in the living room every day all day.  Everyday when I finish working out she runs straight to the gymnastics room, even though she only has class once per week.  Seriously her eyes light up when she is in class.  I love watching her enjoy something so much!!
Practicing her handstand on the wall.
Balancing on this ball thing-you can't really see it.
Walking the balance beam.

Practicing her hand stand.
Swinging-this is her favorite part! I love that smile!!

More hand stands.
Swinging on the bar with her friend Gwen.  She has two friends from our ward in the class which makes it even more fun!
Practicing with the teacher
This is the vault, she likes to ride it like a horse...can't imagine why.
Another shot of the horsie riding as Izzy calls it.
Doing a backwards roll.
My dad was there watching and Izzy went over to him and said, "Watch me Papa."  I guess she didn't like that he was reading the paper and not paying attention to her. 
So happy that she loves something so much!  

4 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Too cute! I love that last picture of her trying to get dad's attention.

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

She is such a lil Penny I love it!!!! She is adorable and such a 'big girl now!" Time flies doesn't it?!?!

Also, your Craig post was beautiful. So sincere and heartfelt- I know I've told you before BUT I REALLy do look up to you a lot and admire your strength. Love you LOTS

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

That looks like so much fun! How cute!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

omg her hair is adorable!! who did it?! if you did, you have to teach me next week :)