Friday, July 9, 2010

My dad flew in for July 4th and we went to Stadium of Fire. Carrie Underwood was amazing. Mike and I have gone for the past five years and this was the best one yet! We had a fun weekend with my dad going to the Freedom Festival, Scouts' breakfast, swimming, Sundance, and the parade.

Stadium of Fire
Carrie Underwood! We had great seats on the fifth row. They were awesome!
Mike and I at the parade. Izzy was peacefully sleeping in her stroller until the fire trucks came.
On Wednesday July 7, Mike was sworn in as a US citizen. It is quite the process to become a citizen. He has had many interviews, lots of paperwork, and thousands of dollars. I was really excited for the ceremony and it exceeded my expectations. Lots of the immigrants stood up and talked about what it meant to be free. I take so many things for granted and that is one of them. It was such a touching experience!
Mike's last picture before becoming a citizen.
Hanging out with the other candidates.
Izzy was all smiles at the ceremony (not true she ate and slept through most of it).
After the ceremony.
Bergeron Family. Mike is showing off his certificate of citizenship.

Izzy was sleeping face down with her bum in the air. I wanted to get a picture because it was so cute, but the flash went off first and woke her up so this is what I got.

2 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Congrats to Mike! What a great week to do it.

And how fun going to the Stadium of Fire. I didn't realize you guys were "regulars". That's awesome. Dave and Brittany went and loved it. We got all kinds of pictures of Carrie Underwood. Sad we weren't there for that one. We love her!

Little Izzy is so cute! Love that last picture of her.

Line said...

Looks like it was a fun and memorable 4th! I didn't know your husband wasn't a citizen. :) And your daughter is adorable.