Sunday, August 23, 2009

Canada and DC

Mike and I headed to Canada for a few days to visit family and celebrate his Grandpa's 75th birthday. The few days were fun; I spent most of the time with the kids because they speak English (most everyone else only speaks French). From there we flew to DC to visit Mike's parents. They recently moved to the DC area. Mike had never toured the city before and he thought it was very nice. I think I heard "This city is so nice" five times a day. We found an awesome Mexican restaurant; Mike complimented her on the food and she brought us free queso and guacamole (queso is my favorite)!! We had a great trip!

Mike and I in front of George Washington's house.

On top of the Canadian Embassy (where Mike's dad works)

In front of the Canadian embassy.

Mike and his cousins in Canada.

Cora, Mike's cousin, and I. She was my little English speaker!

7 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

What a fun trip! I cannot wait until you are down here soon.

JR and Brynn said...

You are such a good sport to be traveling so preggo. I know it makes everything much harder and more uncomfortable. But oh my gosh you look so cute!!

Lauryn Dawes said...

You look so cute and looks like you've had a fun summer. Have you been to Austin yet? It's been soooo hot there, I can't believe it. Every time I talk to my family it's still over 100 degrees, that's insane! I hope you enjoy being down there and especially Chuy's, it's the best place ever. Derek and I are heading to Utah for Christmas, so if you guys are around we would love to see you. I hope all is well and we miss you all. Stay comfortable and we hope to see you soon!

Line said...

Penny, you look great!

Cory&SadieK said...

you are seriously the cutest pregnant lady. I mean look at you. How do you like being pregnant?

Laura said...

Look at you and your cute pregnant tummy! Tell Mike I fully agree that DC is a nice city. That's neat that his parents moved there as it will give you more excuses to visit the "nice" city. Taylor loves the fact that my parents live so close to NYC and DC. Glad you had fun.

Kelly Jennings said...

YAY!!!Im so excited to pull up your blog and see pics of yuo pregnant!!! Its about time:) Im so excited for you. So ya still in Provo? we might be back this winter so we wil have to visit you!