Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Celine Dion in Vegas

Derdle mentioned that her mom was going to be visiting the week that Celine Dion was having her first show back in Vegas since her husband's death.  She thought it would be fun to attend, I agreed.  Although, I'm not a big Celine fan, who doesn't want a girls trip?! She told Cat our plans and Cat decided to join the party.  The only catch was Mike was going to be in Florida, which meant, Richard would have to watch my kids.  That made me a little nervous, but I arranged for some additional childcare and we headed out.
Tuesday morning we got up early and headed out before the kids were up.
Cat and I having fun in the car.
Since Gideon is still nursing, he got to join the party.
Their friend from Canada, Jenn Pruden, joined us for the party. We stopped in St. George for some lunch at Cafe Rio.
Derdle found a sweet deal on the Linq hotel on the strip.  We even upgraded to a suite.  It was a perfect set up!
We walked around some of the hotels and the strip.  Of course, every horse made me think of Izzy. 
And zebras too, made me think of my kids. 
We stopped at the Coca Cola store and drank the sampler. 
And even got a picture with the bear. 
The strip.
Getting our zen on. 
A gorgeous sunny day in Vegas.
Headed to the show.
Before the show we ate THE BEST Italian food ever at The Caesar's shopping area.  
We are ready for Celine. 
Her performance was spectacular.  It was emotional, I was even crying, which I didn't expect.  You could feel her emotion.  It was an amazing show and exceeded my expectations. 
Headed out after an awesome show!
Our good friend, Melisse, happened to be driving through Vegas headed to Provo.  She stopped by the hotel to say hi.  It was so great to see her!  

There aren't enough good things to say about Melisse.  I love her so much.  She is one of a kind.  She is the most kind, generous, genuine people I know. 
It was a short, but super fun trip.  So glad I went!
The grandkids with Mami and Papi! They had an enjoyable time!



No comments: