Sunday, March 8, 2015

End of My Third Pregnancy

Somehow I survived this pregnancy! Honestly after Cambry's pregnancy, I didn't know if I could do it again.  Hers was so miserable.  I was anxious about what this pregnancy would bring.  Luckily it was not as bad as Cambry's!  The first trimester, I was able to work-out, although I still felt tired and nausea I usually felt better after the gym.  Starting insulin at 12 weeks was not fun, but I really believe it helped me to feel better doing my pregnancy.
It was emotionally exhausting though.  I had to go in twice/week starting at 32 weeks.  I would have non stress tests and they would check my platelets.  So many times my platelets would drop and I would think oh boy I could be having this baby in a week, and then my platelets would miraculously go back up.  Dr. Young said platelets don't go up once they start going down, but mine did on several occasions.  At 35 weeks the baby was measuring 2 weeks big, about 6 pounds 13 ounces.  Dr. Young decided because of my platelets and diabetes it would be best to induce me at 37 weeks.  At 36 weeks I did a 24 hour urine sample and my platelets were 83, I thought for sure by my next appointment they would be in the 70's and I would be induced.  But my Monday they were back up to 95.  I made it to my 37 week induction date, which Dr. Young said he didn't think I would make it that far.  I know I have had so many blessings, tender mercies, and miracles throughout this pregnancy, more so than I probably realize.  Mike gave me a blessing and in it he said, "He (the Lord) has been there every step of the way in ways that may not be so visible to most but know that He has been there every step of the way."  How true I think this statement is.  I often think of the picture in the sand with only 1 set of footprints and the person asked, "Lord when I needed you most where were you?" and the Lord responds, "It was then that I carried you."  I think this was the case through much of pregnancy.  I felt like an emotional yo yo so often and I know the Lord was carrying me through hard times.  I feel so blessed for how well this pregnancy turned out despite all of the complications that were watched for, but never happened.
36 weeks

37 weeks, the night before I went to be induced. 
Last pregnancy picture.  Hooray!!

No comments: