Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Happenings

Summer is by far my favorite time of the year! I love being outside, letting the kids run around barefoot, swimming, boating, dessert nights, eating outside, the list goes on and on.  
Izzy and her friend Ellie love riding in the Razor. 

Izzy has loved her horse lessons and she doesn't have to have a lead walker anymore, which she thinks is really cool. 

It's awesome watching her steer the horse and be in control and confident. 

One night we went shopping at the Nordstrom half yearly sale.  Luckily, I had my personal shopper, Izzy, with me picking out clothes. 

Daddy and Cambry played outside in the fountains while we were shopping. 

We took a horse carriage ride around Temple Square, which was the highlight of the night. 

Near the end of May, we had a quick girl's get away.  We stayed the night in Park City and shopped, ate, laughed, hot-tubbed, talked, and laughed some more.  It was a great trip and I love these girls so much!  We all moved into our neighborhood around the same time and I am so lucky to have them in my life.  Some people are put in your life for a reason and I truly believe it with these ladies; they have been there for me in some tough times.

Sadly, one of our close friends, Kristy moved to California.  Her son, Owen, and Izzy are the same age and they loved to play together.  The picture on the left is when they were about 2 and now they're 4 1/2.  I don't think Izzy realized what was happening when we met for snow cones the evening before they left.  But now she's been asking, "Where's Owen?  Why can't Owen come play?"  I think she's starting to realize he's not down the street anymore.  


Little Buddies

The kids eating snow cones, saying good-bye to Owen and Miles. 

Love this girl! She was the first friend I met when we moved into the neighborhood.  I was so worried we were going to be the youngest people in the neighborhood and not have any friends.  I was so relieved when I met them on a walk and realized they were our age and had a toddler our age too (our kids were both 18 months at the time).  I'll miss her, but so happy for their new adventure.  Plus California is a great place to visit!

No comments: