Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Visiting Grandma

About a month ago, I got a text from my cousin, Rachel, saying we should go visit from my Grandma.  I thought it would be nearly impossible for the 4 of us to find a weekend that worked for all of our schedules, but somehow we could all make it work for the first weekend of May.  My cousin, Rose, flew in together on Friday night and met Suzette and Rachel at the airport.  We went to pick up our car, which ended up being a suburban because all of the other vehicles were already taken.  During the hour drive to Grandma's we jammed to some old tunes on the Satellite Radio, probably the best song that came on was, "come on ride that train." Took us back a few years, that's for sure. 

When we got there, Grandma was already in bed, but waiting for us so we went in and talked to her.  Then we all hung out just chatting.  On Saturday we got up and got McDonalds for breakfast.  Then we did my grandma's hair and make-up and took her to her favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. 

Love these girls.  We had such a great time growing up together playing bank, store, skip-bo, so many fun memories!

We tried to play a game of skip-bo, Grandma's favorite, but she was in too much pain and couldn't make it through the whole game.  I felt so sad for her.  She was in so much pain and had lost a lot of weight. She really misses her sweetheart who passed away about six months ago in Nov.

Love these girls.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing sister and awesome cousins.  I love our relationship!

My Grandma is seriously the best.  I went to Montana every summer to visit her and I talk to her every Sunday.  I am so glad we went to visit her.  She was crying when we left on Sunday afternoon.  I hated leaving her by herself.  On Monday morning she had a stroke and hasn't been doing well since we left. I am so glad I was able to see her while she was still able to communicate and talk to us.  I love her!!

2 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Such a fun trip! Love you.

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

What a sweet post! I'm so glad you are so good about keeping up with your blog; I love reading it! Loved our time all together:)