Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

My family all flew in for Thanksgiving since I couldn't fly because it was too close to delivery.  I wasn't planning on having a baby while they were here!!  I did all the grocery shopping Tuesday so I would be ready when they got here.  My parents flew in Tuesday night and then everyone else was arriving Wednesday.  I got the phone call from Dr. Young telling me to come to the hospital an hour before I was supposed to leave to pick up Celeste & Brandon from the airport.  So let's just say Mike and I don't win the hosts award for 2012; we weren't even here!  I felt bad that they had to cook Thanksgiving by themselves because I was at the hospital. They even ate on paper plates; they didn't pull out the china!  Not the way I intended for things to go. 
But they said they still had a great time.  Dennis and Suzette hanging out in the kitchen.

When we got home from the hospital, Dennis jumped up and went to wash his hands.  He wanted to be the first one to hold her and that's where she stayed most of the weekend. 

The night we got home we took a family picture; we didn't have any other option because Dennis was flying out the next morning.  If I look a little tired, that explains it!


Grebe Family

Izzy was done taking pictures, can you tell?!  This is our first family picture with Cambry.

Izzy would not take any more so we got one with just Cambry.

Daddy loves his little girl!

It was Jon's birthday on Friday so we opened presents and ate cake. It was fun to celebrate with him. 

Love spending time with Dennis and all my siblings. 

Since we weren't going to be together for Christmas we did our sibling gift exchange Friday night. The dress Celeste is holding up is an adorable dress Suzette bought for Izzy. 

Celeste bought Dennis a new backpack, which he claims he desperately needed because his old one was ripping from carrying all his law books.  Celeste would know which backpack is the best.

Suzette got a cute new shirt.

Dad got a shirt made with Izzy's picture on it. 

Both Dennis and Jon have bdays in Nov so Mike got them BYU baseball shirts.  
We are so lucky that everyone came to visit and we were able to be together for Thanksgiving.  Even though it didn't go as planned, it turned out ok and everyone got to meet Cambry.  
Thanksgiving is always a holiday when I especially miss Craig.  He always made the best deep fried turkey and then the boys would work on a project supervised by Lynn while us girls went shopping.  I love you Craig!

No comments: