Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hawaii

Mike had a business conference in Kauai, Hawaii so off we went.  My dear sweet mother flew in to take care of Izzy.  She came a few days early so she knew the routine.  I was a little anxious about leaving sweet Izzy, but knew she was in great hands.

We flew out on Wednesday at noon and landed in Honolulu at 2 (there is a 4 hour time change).  The flight was ok, I felt pretty nausea but thought I was hiding it pretty well til the flight attendant kept asking me if I was ok.  She even brought me ice chips, oh the joy of pregnancy.  We had a couple hour layover in Honolulu then took a short 15 minute flight to Kauai.  After the 45 minute drive we got to the St. Regis resort.  I have never stayed somewhere so beautiful.  It is built in a cliff and the views are breathtaking.  Our room is the nicest room I've stayed in and we have a great view of the beach.  I think I want to move there.  By the time we got to the hotel it was 7 pm (11 pm Utah time) so we ate dinner and headed to bed.

View from inside the hotel


Thursday we ate breakfast and laid out by the beach ALL DAY!  I loved it.  Mike went snorkeling, I thought about going with him, but I wasn't feeling too nausea so I decided to play it safe and didn't move from my lounge chair.  That night we went to the sugar cane plantation for dinner.  We actually went to the same place when my family stopped in Kauai on a cruise a few years ago.
View from our room


Friday we ate breakfast and I wasn't feeling good so I took my zofrom and went back to bed.  I woke up around noon and headed to the beach again to lay out.  Mike really wanted to go on a helicopter tour so off he went around 3, I was perfectly happy to remain safely at the beach.  He LOVED the helicopter tour!  He couldn't stop talking about it.

Mike loving his helicopter tour


Pictures from the helicopter



Saturday we headed to the spa, Mike got a massage and I got a mani/pedi.  Then we flew to Honolulu for a couple days.  We were staying on Wakiki beach.  He was very different than Kauai.  Tourists everywhere, noisy, lots and lots of people.  But it was beautiful nonetheless.

At the Hawaii temple


Sunday we went to church and just walked around the beach.  Monday, Mike and his partner Stephen went to their Honolulu office and did some training.  That afternoon we went to North Shore, then caught our red eye flight home.  I was so so Happy to see little Izzy.  When we walked in the door, she got so excited!!  We had a great trip, but it is nice to be home.  Thanks to my mom for taking care of Izzy while we were gone, she is the best!!  Here are some pics of what they did while we were gone.

Izzy at the animal farm.  There are small ponies, but she insists on riding on the big one.
Izzy at the country club.  She calls this the lizard pool.  She loves it there.
Swimming with some friends at their house.
Izzy and Grandma at the animal farm.
Izzy so excited to see Mommy and Daddy!! It was so cute!!!

4 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

So glad you had a fun trip! It sounds amazing. Love you.

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

What a FUN trip & BEAUTIFUL pics! Love the last pic of you and Izzy:)

Rosanne Boyd said...

How fun!! Izzy is such a cute little girl! Love the pic of her and your mom, so sweet!

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

Looks like so much fun! Jealous!