Sunday, September 18, 2011

TEXAS!

There is nothing like visiting family.  We flew to Austin for the BYU vs UT game with my sister Kathryn. Suzette and Dennis live in Austin, Celeste flew in from in NYC, and Lindsey drove over from Houston.  It was great to all be together!

On Friday we went boating.  We had the lake to ourselves, it was awesome. 
Saturday we went to the game.  This is Mike and I in are different shades of blue.
Izzy giving me kisses.
My dad with his girls.
Me and all my sisters!
Jon made this awesome sign, too bad it didn't happen.
Dennis and his girls.
The whole gang.

Izzy loved the game, can you tell why?
Always Eating!
She has to get it all.  I love this girl, her personality always makes me laugh.
[
BYU vs UT game.
Mom and I.
Grandma getting kisses.
Izzy and I are fair weather fans.  After the BYU loss, she decided to wear her UT apparel on Sunday.
Uncle Dennis and Izzy at Maudies.  We went to Maudies on Friday night and I liked it so much we went back Sunday night.
Enjoying the beautiful sunset.
Dennis and I.
Dennis with the ladies.
Mike and I.  It was a great trip.  It was sad to say goodbye, but I was so glad my family took the time to hang out with us so much!
We flew home Monday evening and Paul, Elizabeth, and baby Alan were on the flight.  Little did I know when I got home there were even more people waiting for a surprise party.  It was so much fun.  Mike pulled it off with the help of his sister Christina.
Melisse and her daughter Hazel.  Melisse has been such a great friend especially of the past five months. I love her!
Some of the gang.

The kids on the trampoline.
Melisse made these awesome cakes and of course they were delicious.
I think all those candles mean I'm getting old!

Last week Melisse and I were canning peaches and she said we should be wearing aprons.  I told her that I didn't have any.  So what did she do for my birthday?  Made me an apron of course!

My sweet sister and Dennis bought me a shirt and belt.  I love having Kathryn nearby so we can hang out.
Some of the girls.  I am so blessed to have such great friends and family.  I had a great night!!

2 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Happy birthday Penny! We love you sweetie!

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a fun visit home! Too bad BYU got crushed... :(

Happy birthday!!!

~ Angela
grahamandangela.blogspot.com