Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Midway Ice Castles

I have been wanting to get out and enjoy activities in Utah.  I feel like we don't take advantage of the beauty we are surrounded with.  Part of the problem is that I don't know where to go or what to do.  So when I saw this on a friend's facebook, I knew we had to go.  It is in Midway and the man who builds the castles uses the money for his children's missions and humanitarian funds.  I have no idea how he did it, but they were absolutely beautiful.  
 We brought Izzy's stroller, but decided she would prefer walking around.  She loved it!

 She loved walking through the tunnels.

 She thinks she is a big girl and can go everywhere and do everything herself!

 Breathtaking





We had a great day!  Hopefully we will find more activities/places to visit soon.

7 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

First i have to mention that her coat is adorable!!! And I had no idea that they had ice castles in midway. Now we'll have to go!

Rosanne Boyd said...

That is so cool!! I love how Izzy looks so grown up, she is adorable!!

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

I'd never heard of those, they look fun. Wish I'd gone!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Izzy Fashion Queen in the Ice Castles!!! Love her CUTE coat:) Her momma has good taste!

Unknown said...

Those castles are amazing! I have never heard of them. We might have to go if they're still there. Izzy is adorable!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Wow. That is beautiful! What a fun outing.

Line said...

cool! maybe we'll make a trip out there too! most of the places we hear abt are from people's blogs, so i loved that you got the idea to go here from someone's fb. :)