Saturday, January 22, 2011

update

So I don't have any cool pictures to post, but we have been having a great 2011.  Mike and I went snowboarding today for the second time this month.  We are so fortunate to have family who is so willing to watch Izzy.  I didn't go snowboarding at all last winter because Izzy was just born; I forgot how much I enjoy it.  I am finally able to go toe to heel side easily and I'm loving it.
We purchased our Costa Rica tickets.  I am very excited for a couples trip; this will be our first long trip without Izzy.  I must admit I do have some anxiety.  I have never been away from Izzy for that long, so I don't know how I will handle it.  I'm sure I will miss her like crazy! Fortunately, Mike's mom is coming out to take care of her so I know she will be in good hands.  And we will make it up to Izzy in April by taking her to Disney World!!
I will try to get some pictures soon and have something more excited to post!!

7 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

How fun to take a trip to Costa Rica! I am sure it will be awesome. It's always scary to leave them the first time, but how lucky that you'll have family to watch her. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

You're going to Disney World AND Costa Rica without me?! Sad! :(

Unknown said...

Double jealous of your Costa Rica AND Disney World trip! Let me know how it goes on your first couples trip without the baby (is it bad that I am already thinking of doing that in the future?)

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

HOW FUN!!!! Be sure to take lots of pics:) I'm excited for you and you're upcoming trips!!!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

ps I'm disappointed there are no CUTE Izzy pics in this post!

The Thompson Crew said...

I am so jealous of snowboarding. Being in AZ it will probably be forever that we get to do that again! So good seeing you over break!

Line said...

How exciting! I always miss my kids when I'm away from them, even if we're just on a date, but I know couples time is important. Have fun!